$260, $220, $180
Hong Kong City Hall, Concert Hall
Back to Festival Concerts
Mephisto Waltz No. 1, S. 514 – Liszt
Prelude, Toccatina and Pastoral from Eight Concert Etudes, Op. 40 – Kapustin
El Puerto from Suite Iberia Book I – Albéniz
Rondeña from Albéniz Suite Iberia Book II – Albéniz
Alborada del gracioso from Miroirs – Ravel
Carmen Variations – Horowitz/Bizet
Turkish March – Mozart/Volodos
Petrushka – Stravinsky
Fingerman can play anything, fast or difficult.
His charm and velocity conquer audiences across the universe, his looks and flamboyance attract the wildest fans, his stories and legends bring the wildest broke outrageous guesses.
It is said that the Devil admires his abilities and even the angels fall for his talent. Some even swear they see sparks of fire among his fingers, that they are ignited by magic. Surely contemporary audience are attracted to flowery titles such as House of Fingers, fastest player alive, hottest musician ever.
Fingerman is wise. He knows their secrets It is not about music. It is about the looks, the fingers, the velocity, the excitement. It is to fulfil our emptiness by superfluous vanity.
Introduced by Faust's legend in Liszt's Mephisto Waltz, Fingerman goes wild by Kapustin's three concert études in Jazz style, before finding nuances of colours and dance in Albeniz and Ravel. Connected by the Gypsy's tune in Horowitz/Bizet's Carmen, the legend of virtuosity prevails on Volodos/Mozart's Turkish March. Fingerman’s death is foretold in his finale : Stravinsky's Petroushka. Fingerman serves a purpose, hates it all. He asks, “where are our musical moments?”
• 25% off discount
• Available for full-time students, people with disabilities and the minder, senior citizens aged 60 or above and Comprehensive Social Security Assistance recipients.
• For ages 6 and above
• No latercomers will be admitted until the interval or a suitable break in the programme.
• The presenter reserves the right to substitute artists and change the programme should unavoidable circumstances deem it necessary.
Ticketing & Programme Enquiries
• Ticketing Enquiries : 3761 6661
• Programme Enquiries : 2234 5819
• Telephone Credit Card Booking : 2111 5999
• Online booking : www.urbtix.hk